新时时彩秘籍 www.hppwih.com.cn ZESCO Limited was formed in 1970 after the Zambia Electricity Supply Act was passed in Parliament. This Act brought together the electricity undertakings that were previously managed by the local authorities. The Corporation traces its origins to 1906 when a small thermal station was established in Livingstone to serve a small section of the town.
In 1994, the name of Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited was changed to ZESCO Limited. This was to reflect the recommitment to providing a high quality of customer service. Shareholding The Government of the Republic of Zambia is the sole shareholder of ZESCO Limited.
The Permanent Secretaries of the Ministry of Finance and National Planning, and the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Water Development represent the Government on the Board.
ZESCO is committed to providing safe and reliable electricity to improve the quality of life for all.